Click Review > Share Workbook. On the Editing tab, select the Allow changes by more than one user … check box. On the Advanced tab, select the options that you want to use for tracking and updating changes, and then click OK.
Can multiple users edit an Excel spreadsheet at the same time in Office 365?
You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other’s changes quickly—in a matter of seconds.
Can multiple users edit Excel at the same time?
Use Excel with Multiple Users Simultaneously
You can edit the same Excel file with multiple users through a feature called co-authoring. This feature lets multiple people make changes in a document stored on a remote, so-called cloud server with their actions highlighted in different colors.
Share and collaborate with Excel for the web
- Select Share.
- Set permissions. Allow editing is automatically checked. …
- Enter the names or email addresses of who to share with.
- Add a message (optional).
- Select Send. Or, select Copy link to get a link to the file.
How do I open an Excel file in Office 365?
Click the Open drop-down button followed by the Open in Excel Online option (or simply click the workbook’s filename). Your web browser opens the workbook in Excel Online on a new browser tab (similar to the one shown in the following figure) that replaces your OneDrive page.
Add Shared Workbook buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar
Click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Open the list under Choose commands from and select All Commands. Scroll down that list until you see Share Workbook (Legacy). Select that item and click Add.
To be able to share a workbook, some privacy settings need to be disabled. Go to File > Excel Options > Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings… button, and under the Privacy Options category, uncheck the Remove personal information from file properties on save box.
Sheets: Share with specific people or using a link
- Open the file you want to share (that you own or have edit access to).
- Click Share.
- Enter the email addresses or groups that you want to share with.
- Choose what kind of access you want to give people: Editor, Commenter, or Viewer.
- Click Send.
Co-authoring in SharePoint Server lets multiple users work on a document, at any time, without interfering with each other’s changes. … If you have SharePoint Server configured to use Office Web Apps Server, users can also co-author documents in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote Web Apps.
Co-author a workbook
- Select Share.
- Upload your file to OneDrive, if you haven’t already.
- Set permissions and select Apply. …
- Add the names of who to share with, and an optional message.
- Select Send.
- Select the initials in the upper right to see who else is working on the file and where they are in the file.
Share a workbook in Excel for the web
- Select File > Share > Share with People (or select Share in the top right).
- In the Enter a name or email address box, type the email addresses of people you want to share with.
You can link to a cell in another workbook by starting to create your formula, displaying the worksheet that contains the value you want to use, and then selecting the cell or cell range you want to include in the calculation.