Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot. For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share. Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save. Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
How to Tether an Internet Connection with an Android Phone
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
Simply pair your smartphone with the device you want to share the connection with under Device connectivity > Bluetooth. Once connected, make sure Internet access sharing is enabled in the device profile by tapping the settings icon next to the device name.
Generally, it is easy to connect PC internet to mobile using USB. All you need to do connect it with a USB cable and then enable USB tethering to get an internet connection to your mobile.
1) Navigate to your Windows Settings and click on the globe-shaped icon which says “Network & Internet“.
- 2) Tap on the “Mobile Hotspot” tab in your Network Settings.
- 3) Configure your Hotspot by giving it a new name and a strong password.
- 4) Turn Mobile Hotspot on and you are ready to go.
Yes, Android does come with a Portable WiFi Hotspot option, which when turned ON, will create a new WiFi hotspot. But the key here is – you can share the internet from your mobile data to WiFi.
Can you hotspot Wi-Fi?
Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB. Important: Some mobile operators limit or charge extra for tethering.
Can a PC act as a router?
Yes, you can! To set up a Mac or Windows laptop as a wireless router, you can use an app that will do it all for you or set it up manually within the operating system. To make your laptop a hotspot, it needs to use your Wi-Fi adapter. Therefore, you cannot access the Internet using the same device.
You can build connection between phone and PC just by scanning a QR code.
- Connect Android and PC to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Visit “airmore.net” on your PC browser to load a QR code.
- Run AirMore on Android and click “Scan to connect” to scan that QR code. Then they’ll be connected successfully.