Introduction. Direct Share is a feature that allows apps to show app-specific options directly in the system Intent chooser dialog. Users can then jump directly into your app when sharing content from another app. … Direct Share works with the concept of Sharing Shortcuts.
Once disabled, you will no longer see suggestions to share to individual contacts in apps, and your share menu will be restored to only show app and app actions (with no pesky re-flowing, either). … It will only affect apps which utilize the stock share API in Android.
The biggest apps currently supporting this feature are WhatsApp, Google’s default SMS app on Nexus phones, and Google Drive. As we see more manufacturers update to Android 6.0, Direct Share is bound to be a feature target for more and more developers.
Send and receive files with Nearby Share
- Navigate to a file you’d like to share.
- Tap the Share icon, and then tap Nearby Share. Tap Turn on, if needed.
- Your phone will begin looking for another device. Hold your phone and the other device close together; make sure both devices are unlocked. …
- Tap Send when it appears.
Link Sharing is a file sharing app that is able to conveniently upload large files, high resolution pictures, videos & documents saved on your Samsung Galaxy device or Samsung PC to Samsung Cloud for a period of time, create links to those files and then easily send links to others.
What is direct call on android?
The Direct Call feature in Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H) lets you call a contact immediately when you place your device to your ear while viewing a contact, viewing call information from the call logs or engaging in a text message conversation.
Tap the menu button at the top right, and then Options. Select Link sharing. Choose which sharing options to disable, if any, by selecting them.
Stop Sharing Photos via Link Sharing on my Samsung Phone
- 1 Launch the Message app.
- 2 Tap on any existing conversation or create a new message.
- 3 Tap on.
- 4 Select to enable or disable Link Sharing.
- 5 Once disabled you will then be able to select an image to send via MMS.
Samsung Social also helps you quickly find other Galaxy users. Link Sharing is also an app, so you can also go to Settings > Apps > Link Sharing > Disable to turn it off.
How to use Quick Share feature on Galaxy device?
- 1 Launch the Gallery app and select an image.
- 2 Select the files you would like to share then tap on share icon.
- 3 Tap Quickshare and select the device you would like to share.
- 4 On the receiving device, ensure the screen is unlocked and you have Accepted the file transfer.
What does device sharing mean?
Shared device mode allows you to configure an Android device so that it can be easily shared by multiple employees. Employees can sign in and access customer information quickly.
With Nearby Share, information is fully encrypted on both sender’s as well as receiver’s side. The technology protects privacy and ensures safe data transfers. Nearby Share is rolled out for phones with Android 6.0 and above.