To make it so only you can share:
- Open the homescreen for Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides.
- Click Share or Share .
- At the top, click Settings .
- Uncheck Editors can change permissions and share.
- Click Done.
Sharing files in Google Drive. … Share with people and groups: Granting access to specific individuals you want to collaborate with on the file. Get link: Granting access to anyone who has the link to the file.
When you share a link to a file, you control how widely the file is shared. … Public: Anyone can search on Google and get access to your file, without signing in to their Google Account. Anyone with the link: Anyone who has the link can use your file, without signing in to their Google Account.
Changing Google Drive Privacy Settings for Files or Folder
- Right click the relevant folder in Google Drive.
- Select Share.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Change.
- Select one of the following options: On – Public on the web: Select this setting to display a file on your site in the Google Drive app. …
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
Share a link:
Anyone in your organization who gets the link can access the file or folder. Optionally, you can let other users share the link with people that are not in your organization. In a shared drive, choose an option: … Press and hold Shift and select multiple files or folders to share.
Updated: 3/29/2020. Many web applications give users the ability to share private information with unauthenticated users via obscure, publicly accessible URLs. These URLs, often called “external links” or “shared links,” are a convenient way to collaborate with people without giving them a username and password.
View & open files
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Log into your Google account with your username and password. …
- Double-click a file.
- If you open a Google Doc, Sheet, Slides presentation, Form, or Drawing, it will open using that application.
Share a single item using a link
Open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides. In the top right corner, click Share. Click “Get shareable link” in the top right of the “Share with others” box. To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, click the Down arrow next to “Anyone with the link.”
Is my Google Drive public?
The files and folders in your Google Drive are private by default until you decide to share them. You can share your documents with specific people or you can make them public and anyone on the Internet can view the shared files.