Obviously, the first thing you’ll need to do is create a shared folder on Windows 10. Right-click on the folder, go to Properties and click on the Sharing tab. Go ahead and share the folder and set the permissions to whatever you desire in terms of access.
Set up file sharing on the Mac
Select the File Sharing tickbox, then click Options. Select “Share files and folders using SMB”. In the Windows File Sharing list, select the tickbox next to the user account that will be used to share files with Windows users, enter the password for that user, then click OK. Click Done.
How to Share Files Between Windows and macOS
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Homegroup and Sharing options.
- Select Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Navigate to File and Printer Sharing.
- Click Turn on File and Printer Sharing.
- Save changes.
Share Mac files with Windows users
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing . …
- Select the File Sharing tickbox, then click Options.
- Select “Share files and folders using SMB”.
How do I transfer files from Windows 10 to Mac?
Here’s how to transfer data from PC to Mac
- Launch a Finder window.
- Click on Applications in the sidebar.
- Double-click or control-click on the Utilities folder.
- Click on Migration Assistant.
- Click Continue.
- Click From a PC. when prompted to select how you want to transfer your information.
- Click Continue.
How to share files between a Mac and a PC
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click Sharing.
- Click the checkbox next to File Sharing.
- Click Options…
- Click on the checkbox for the user account you’d like to share with a Windows machine under Windows Files Sharing. You might be asked to enter a password.
- Click Done.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How to share files on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
How do I enable file sharing in Windows 10?
Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing, and turn off password protected sharing.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet , and on the right side, select Sharing options.
- Under Private, select Turn on Network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing.
How do I open Mac files on Windows 10?
To use HFSExplorer, connect your Mac-formatted drive to your Windows PC and launch HFSExplorer. Click the “File” menu and select “Load File System From Device.” It will automatically locate the connected drive, and you can load it. You’ll see the contents of the HFS+ drive in the graphical window.
Share Files from Mac to PC
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences -> Sharing -> File Sharing. Click on “Options”, and select “Share files and folders using SMB“. …
- Also, press Option and click on the WiFi icon on your menu bar, which will display the IP Address of your Mac. …
- On your PC, press Windows + R, to access the Run.
How do I transfer files from Windows to Mac without Migration Assistant?
Connect the two computers with a Firewire, USB, or Firewire-to-USB cable. The Windows computer, if powered on, will now show up on the Mac as an external hard drive. Simply locate the files you want to transfer and drag-and-drop them to the location of your choice.
How do I move my folders from Windows to Mac?
On your Mac
- Open Migration Assistant, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
- Follow the onscreen prompts until you’re asked how you want to transfer your information. Select the option to transfer from a Windows PC, then click Continue.
- Select the icon representing your PC, then click Continue.
Open System Preferences from the Apple menu, and click on “Sharing” panel. Check to enable “File Sharing” on all Macs you want to share files between. From the Mac OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+K and then click “Browse” to find and connect to the desired Mac.