Press and hold (or right-click) the shared folder. Select Properties, and then select Advanced Sharing on the Sharing tab. Select Permissions, check Allow for Full Control of Everyone, and then press Enter. Select OK on the Advanced Sharing dialog box.
Open Computer Management and, on the left side of the window, browse “System Tools -> Shared Folders -> Shares.” The central panel from Computer Management loads the complete list of all the folders and partitions that are shared by your Windows computer or device.
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
To see the files that others have shared with you:
- Open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If you already have a document or workbook open, select File.
- Scroll down and select the Shared with Me tab, or select Open > Shared with Me.
Set up file sharing on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing . …
- Select the File Sharing checkbox.
- To select a specific folder to share, click the Add button at the bottom of the Shared Folders list, locate the folder, select it, then click Add.
How to Fix Windows 10 Cannot Access Shared Folder
- Update Windows 10.
- Set Your WiFi Network to Private.
- Enable Network Discovery and Disable Password Protected Sharing.
- Make Sharing Services Start Automatically.
- Allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows Defender Firewall.
- Check Your Windows Credentials.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
See files shared with you in OneDrive
- Sign in to OneDrive.com with your personal Microsoft account.
- In the left pane, under OneDrive, select Shared. Files or folders shared with you appear under the names of the people who shared them.
- Select a file or folder to open it, just as you would any other item in OneDrive.
You can put the shortcut inside your “My Drive” or any Drive that’s shared with you.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Select the files or folders to which you want to add a shortcut.
- Right click the files or folders you selected. Add shortcut to Drive.
- Choose a folder.
- Click Add shortcut.
You can then access the shared folder in My Computer the same way you access your C: drive or a USB drive. To map a network drive, open up My Computer and select Tools, Map Network Drive. Select an available drive letter and then enter the UNC path to the shared folder or use the Browse button.
How can I see what files are open in a folder?
Identify which handle or DLL is using a file
- Open Process Explorer. Running as administrator.
- Enter the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F. …
- A search dialog box will open.
- Type in the name of the locked file or other file of interest. …
- Click the button “Search”.
- A list will be generated.