Select the e-mail/s you want to delete. 2. Drag and drop the email/s to the “Deleted Items” folder of the shared mailbox. This alternative way of deleting an email, keeps the deleted email in the shared mailbox’s deleted items folder itself.
In the admin center, go to the Groups > Shared mailboxes page. Select the shared mailbox you want to edit, and then select Edit next to Name, Email, Email aliases. Enter a new name, or add another alias. If you want to change the primary email address, your mailbox must have more than one email alias.
How do I remove a shared mailbox from Outlook?
- In Outlook, click on File, and then click the Account Settings drop down, and select the Account Settings option.
- In the Account Settings box, click the account you wish to remove, and hit the “Remove” button.
- Confirm that you wish to remove the account by clicking yes.
STEPS TO CONVERT REGULAR MAILBOX TO SHARED MAILBOX
- Log in to your Microsoft 365 account. …
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, choose the Active users option.
- Choose the user mailbox which you want to convert to the shared mailbox. …
- Then, click Convert to shared mailbox to convert your regular mailbox to a shared one.
How do I remove an email address from Microsoft Exchange?
Use the EAC to delete a mailbox
- In the EAC, go to the location for the type of mailbox that you want to delete: Recipients > Mailboxes for user mailboxes and linked mailboxes. …
- Find and select the mailbox that you want to disable. …
- After you’ve selected the mailbox or mailboxes that you want to delete, click Delete.
Add an additional shared mailbox in Outlook
- Select your profile and click on Change.
- Click on More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Add.
- Type the email address or name of the shared mailbox, then click OK.
- Once configured, the shared mailbox will be automatically available in the left folder pane in Outlook.
Modifying Access to a Shared Mailbox Folder
- Open Outlook.
- In the Navigation Pane, locate the shared mailbox and expand it using the arrow to the left of its name.
- Right-click on Inbox and select Properties….
- Select the Permissions tab.
- Select the individual you wish to modify.
Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings. On the Email tab, select the Exchange account, then click Change > More Settings. On the Advanced tab, under Open these additional mailboxes, select the other person’s mailbox and then select Remove.
The shared mailbox displays in your Folder list in Outlook Web App. You can expand or collapse the shared mailbox folders as you can with your primary mailbox. You also can remove the shared mailbox from your Folder list. To remove it, right-click the shared mailbox, and then click delete.
Steps: Click the Management tab. Select Office 365 Management in the left pane. Then click the Disable/Delete Remote Mailbox link located under Mailbox Management.
Re: Convert O365 Group to Shared MB
Go to your Group mailbox. Select the emails you wish to move. Copy with ctrl+c command or right click the selected emails and choose copy from the dialog box. Create a new email.
A shared mailbox is just that, a mailbox that can be shared with one or more users. Shared mailboxes do not require a license and have all of the features of a normal mailbox; they have an inbox, a calendar, a contact list etc. Shared mailboxes appear as separate mailboxes in Outlook and Outlook on the web.
A shared mailbox technically has no owner, and it doesn’t have its own password. So, members can’t sign in to the shared mailbox directly. The admin must add you as a member of the shared mailbox, and then you can access it, either online or through an email client.
Delete an Exchange Online Mailbox using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Log in with your Microsoft 365 credentials. Click Admin.
- Go to Users>Active Users. Select the user you want to delete. Then select Delete user option to delete that particular user mailbox.
How do I remove an auto mapped mailbox?
To disable automapping, use Windows PowerShell to remove full access permissions from the user for the mailbox, and then add back full access permissions to the user. When you add back full access permissions to the user, use the AutoMapping:$false parameter.
Right-click (or Control Click) the shared mailbox to be removed in the folders pane on the left side of the window. Select Remove Shared Account. The shared mailbox should now be removed from your list of email folders. If it does not disappear right away, restart Outlook.