Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
Click Review > Share Workbook. On the Editing tab, select the Allow changes by more than one user … check box. On the Advanced tab, select the options that you want to use for tracking and updating changes, and then click OK.
Can multiple users edit Excel at the same time?
Use Excel with Multiple Users Simultaneously
You can edit the same Excel file with multiple users through a feature called co-authoring. This feature lets multiple people make changes in a document stored on a remote, so-called cloud server with their actions highlighted in different colors.
Share and collaborate with Excel for the web
- Select Share.
- Set permissions. Allow editing is automatically checked. …
- Enter the names or email addresses of who to share with.
- Add a message (optional).
- Select Send. Or, select Copy link to get a link to the file.
Add Shared Workbook buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar
Click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Open the list under Choose commands from and select All Commands. Scroll down that list until you see Share Workbook (Legacy). Select that item and click Add.
How do I share a file in Microsoft Teams? You can share files in a one-on-one chat, a group chat, or a team channel. Select the paperclip icon below the box where you type a message to upload a copy of your original file. You can also upload a file by going to the Files tab of a chat and selecting Share.
To be able to share a workbook, some privacy settings need to be disabled. Go to File > Excel Options > Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings… button, and under the Privacy Options category, uncheck the Remove personal information from file properties on save box.
How do I send an editable Excel spreadsheet by email?
Right-click on the tab of the worksheet you want to email. If you want to send more than one worksheet, hold down the Ctrl key & click each one. The worksheet/s will now be opened in a separate workbook with a default name, like Book1. In this workbook, click on File, Share, Email, select Send as Attachment.
Co-authoring in SharePoint Server lets multiple users work on a document, at any time, without interfering with each other’s changes. … If you have SharePoint Server configured to use Office Web Apps Server, users can also co-author documents in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote Web Apps.
Co-author a workbook
- Select Share.
- Upload your file to OneDrive, if you haven’t already.
- Set permissions and select Apply. …
- Add the names of who to share with, and an optional message.
- Select Send.
- Select the initials in the upper right to see who else is working on the file and where they are in the file.
You can link to a cell in another workbook by starting to create your formula, displaying the worksheet that contains the value you want to use, and then selecting the cell or cell range you want to include in the calculation.