Click Family Sharing, then click Details next to your name under the Family members list. Click Edit. Click Change. Enter the Apple ID and password that you want to use.
How do I reset my family Apple ID password?
Go to Settings. Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password. If you’re signed into iCloud and have a passcode enabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the passcode for your device. Follow the onscreen steps to update your password.
How do I change my family sharing password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, the quickest fix is to visit the account page, so you can reset it.
- Tap Forgot Apple ID or password.
- You’ll be offered the option to look up your Apple ID.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address, select the option to reset your password, and tap Continue.
How do I manage my family Apple ID?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Family Sharing, then tap Add Member.
- Tap Create an Account for a Child, then tap Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up the account. You can use the child’s email address for their Apple ID.
How do I change my child’s Apple ID?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Change Birthday or Birthday.
- Update your birth date, then tap Done. If you’re changing a birth date for a child, learn what to do.
How do I edit my Family Sharing on iPhone?
Go to Settings. Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. Tap the name of the family member that you want to remove. Tap Remove [your family member’s name] From Family.
How do I change my Family Sharing account?
Move a child to another group using Family Sharing
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings. Below your name, find a notification that says “Family Transfer Request.” Tap the notification and follow the onscreen instructions.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
Should each family member have a separate Apple ID?
Apple recommends that you do not share your Apple ID. Instead, set up Family Sharing so that each person uses their own Apple ID. This way, your family can share purchases, subscriptions, and more without sharing personal information like email, text messages, or passwords.
Should my child have their own Apple ID?
Everyone should have their own Apple ID, so don’t share your Apple ID with your child. If your child uses your Apple ID, your child will have access to all your personal content, including text messages and photos. … If your child already has an Apple ID, they should keep using it.
What happens if I use the same Apple ID on two devices?
If you use all the same information, same Apple ID and don’t use the cloud, you will have all of each other’s information on both phones. The phones will mirror any information synced with Apple ID. You can use your phone number to use FaceTime on the iPhone. IMessage is also the texting application.
How do I remove a child under 13 from Family Sharing?
When you add a child under 13 to Family Sharing, you can’t delete them, but you can transfer them to another Family Sharing group. To do that, the organizer of another Family Sharing group needs to invite the child to join their group.
What happens to Apple ID when child turns 13?
However, your child’s account cannot be removed from your Family, unless their Apple ID is deleted, they turn 13 years of age (or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction), or you transfer them to another Family.