Add shortcuts to Drive files shared with you
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app . If you haven’t already, download the app from the Play Store.
- On the bottom, tap Shared .
- Select the files or folders you want to add.
- Tap More. …
- Select the location where you want to place the shortcut.
- Tap Add.
Open Computer Management and, on the left side of the window, browse “System Tools -> Shared Folders -> Shares.” The central panel from Computer Management loads the complete list of all the folders and partitions that are shared by your Windows computer or device.
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If you already have a document or workbook open, select File. Scroll down and select the Shared with Me tab, or select Open > Shared with Me.
When the latest update is downloaded and installed, you need to click Relaunch and Chrome will restart. Incorrect settings may also cause Google Drive “Shared with me” not appearing. Resetting Chrome can effectively fix the error.
You can put the shortcut inside your “My Drive” or any Drive that’s shared with you.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Select the files or folders to which you want to add a shortcut.
- Right click the files or folders you selected. Add shortcut to Drive.
- Choose a folder.
- Click Add shortcut.
On the left hand side of your Google Drive look for link ‘Share with me’. Click the link. The folder listing on the right hand side of your Google Drive will show all the folders and files that have been shared with you. Click on either the folder or file to open it up.
The fastest way is by typing the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path in the Start, Run dialog box. The UNC defines the path to a shared folder using the format \serversharename.
To view files you’ve shared, press the Win and R keys to open the RUN box. Type fsmgmt. msc and click Accept. A new window will appear showing all the files you are sharing.
- In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter \ followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. 10.20) and press Enter. …
- If you want to configure a folder as a network drive, right-click the folder and select “Map network drive…” from the context menu.
How to Fix Windows 10 Cannot Access Shared Folder
- Update Windows 10.
- Set Your WiFi Network to Private.
- Enable Network Discovery and Disable Password Protected Sharing.
- Make Sharing Services Start Automatically.
- Allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows Defender Firewall.
- Check Your Windows Credentials.
The Google Shared Drive not showing issue in Google Drive File Stream can occur due to a glitch or bug. Try disconnecting and reconnecting your Google account to fix the issue. If it fails, force an immediate folder refresh to sync the folders.