Sign into iCloud.com and open iCloud Drive. Select the folder you wish to share. Click Add People at the top of the screen. … You can share the folder with only people you invite, or anyone with the link.
- Sign in to iCloud.com and open iCloud Drive.
- Select the folder you wish to share.
- Click Add People at the top of the screen.
- Choose a sharing option: Email or Copy Link.
- To edit who can access the folder and the permissions, click Share Options.
How to Share iCloud Files From Your Mac
- Open a Finder window and locate the file in iCloud that you want to share. …
- Click the file to highlight it.
- Click the Share button and select Add People from the dropdown menu. …
- Choose how you’d like to send your invitation to access the file. …
- Click Share.
Can multiple people use iCloud storage?
With Family Sharing, you can share an iCloud+ subscription with up to five other family members. … This includes 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB of iCloud storage as well as features like iCloud Private Relay, Hide My Email, and HomeKit Secure Video support. * Learn more about iCloud+.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Files app.
- In the Browse tab, go to Locations, then tap iCloud Drive.
- Tap Select, then tap the folder you wish to share.
- Tap Share , then tap Add People . You may need to swipe up.
- Tap Share Options to edit who can access the folder and the permissions.
While you can access iCloud from a PC or android device via iCloud.com, you still need an iCloud account to do so. In order to share an iCloud folder, the person would need an iCloud account. Open iCloud Drive from the Navigation pane of File Explorer. Right-click the folder you wish to share.
Can you use iCloud like Dropbox?
It took a long time for Apple to make iCloud share folders like Dropbox, but it does also let you do the same thing about sharing a single file. Again, it’s slightly different depending on your device.
First, make sure you and your friends have iCloud Photo Sharing turned on. To do that, go to Settings > iCloud > turn on iCloud Photo Sharing. Next, go to your Photos app and click on Shared. In the Shared albums folder at the bottom, click on the Plus sign that says “New Shared Album.”
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
Can other family members see my iCloud photos?
Everyone’s personal files and preferences stay private
When you share iCloud+, family members can’t see each others’ photos, files, or documents. And when you share other subscriptions like Apple Music, Apple Fitness+, or Apple TV+, each person sees their own preferences and recommendations — not the whole family’s.
Can family see my iCloud photos?
iCloud Photo Library is completely private to each user, regardless of whether you’re on a family plan or not. You don’t have the option of sharing your photo library even if you wanted to. What you can do is share specific photos via iCloud Shared Photo Albums.
Touch and hold the folder or file. , tap Manage Shared Folder or Manage Shared File, then tap Send Link. Choose a method for sending the link, enter any other requested information, then send or post the invitation.
Which is more secure Dropbox or iCloud?
Apple has built up a reputation for excellent security. … Like Dropbox, iCloud uses SSL to encrypt data in transit, although it uses AES 128-bit encryption rather than the more secure 256-bit used by Dropbox.